Best Ophthalmologist | Eye Specialist Meerut
About Dr. Priyank Garg
Dr. Priyank Garg, dedicated Ophthalmic Surgeon with an accomplished background managing highly complex cases. Currently working as Director & Head, Dept. of Ophthalmology & Advanced Eye Centre, Nutema Hospital, Meerut.
Dr. Priyank Garg is an ophthalmologist and eye surgeon at the Nutema Hospital in Meerut. He has worked in this field for many years. If you want the best Lasik laser eye specialist in Meerut, you should connect with Dr. Priyank Garg.
Dr. Priyank Garg is the Director & Head of the Department of Ophthalmology at Nutema Hospital. He completed his MBBS from LLRM Medical College, Meerut with Certificate of Honours in various subjects including Ophthalmology. He completed his MS with GOLD MEDAL. He did his Fellowship National Board from Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital, Mumbai under the Mentorship of Prof. Dr. S. Natarajan, world renowned Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon. He completed his ROP training from Narayana Nethralaya, Bengaluru under the mentorship of Dr. Ananad Vinekar, world renowned Pediatric Retina Specialist. His speciality as a well-known Consultant Ophthalmologist and Eye Surgeon in Meerut is for diseases, injuries, and surgeries that affect the eyes. He is a dedicated eye surgeon with a lot of experience handling very difficult cases.
He has number of Publications in scientific Journals. He also presented numerous papers & has been invited faculty in various National & International Conferences. He also has the experience of treating celebrities in Mumbai. He has experience of more than 20 years. He is willing to use new medical ideas and techniques to give better care to the general public and to share what he has learned with other Ophthalmologists.
He did more than 10,000 Phacoemulsification Surgeries, both hard and easy ones. He also did more than 3000 Small Incision Cataract Surgeries, both hard and easy. Also, he helped with and took care of over 300 problems during Small Incision Cataract Surgeries by junior residents.
Consultant Ophthalmologist and Eye Surgeon.
• MBBS, • M. S. (Ophthalmology)
• Professional Diploma in Clinical Research (PDCR),
• Fellow Vitreo-Retinal Surgery (FVRS),
• Fellow All India Collegium of Ophthalmologists, FAICO (Vitreo-Retina),
• Fellow International Council of Ophthalmology (FICO),
• Fellow National Board (FNB).
Areas of Expertise
- Phacoemulsification - Cataract Surgery
- Refractive Surgery - Spectacle Removal Surgery
- Contoura Vision Laser Correction
- ROP Screening and Treatment
- Uveitis (Eye inflammation)
- Retinal Detachment Surgery
- Vitreous Hemorrhage Surgery
- Retained Intraocular Foreign Body Surgery (RIOFB)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Laser, OCT, FFA
Ground Floor, Nutema Hospital, Meerut
Educational qualification of Dr. Priyank Garg
L. L. R. M. Medical College, C. C. S. University, Meerut, India
L. L. R. M. Medical College, C. C. S. University, Meerut, India.
Professional Diploma in Clinical Research (PDCR)
Catalyst Clinical Services, New Delhi, India.
Fellow Vitreo-Retinal Surgery (FVRS)
Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital, Mumbai, India.
Fellow All India Collegium of Ophthalmologists (FAICO)
FAICO (Vitreo-Retina), India.
Fellow International Council of Ophthalmology (FICO)
London, United Kingdom
Fellow National Board (FNB)
National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, India.
Opthamology : Clinical & Surgical
- Optho OPD
- Intravitreal Injections
- Lasik Laser
- Refractive Surgery
- Optho Surgical Procedures
- Retina Diagnostics
- Medical Retina
- Cornea, Glaucoma, Squint
• Rakhan Lal Basanti Devi Gold Medal for Best Junior Resident in MS (Ophtha).
• CERTIFICATE OF HONOURS in Ophthalmology, Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Biochemistry in MBBS
• Certificate of Honours in Ophthalmology in Final Professional - I.
• Certificate of Honours in Forensic Medicine in Second Professional
• Certificate of Honours in Pathology in Second Professional
• Certificate of Honours in Biochemistry in First Professional
• AWADH DUBEY AWARD for Best Paper presentation in UPSDS 2002, Jhansi
• AWADH DUBEY AWARD 2003 for Best Paper presentation in UPSDS
• First Runner Up Ocular Trauma Quiz 2009 at Annual Conference, 2009, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
• EXCELLENCE AWARD for Eye Service by ROTARY BLUC COSMOS, 2012
• EXCELLENCE AWARD for Eye Service on World Sight Day, October, 2007
• 3rd prize in Dissection Competition for Dissecting 'Ciliary Ganglion' in the orbit
• Grade A in a state level computer test (SELECT – 93) organized by NIPS, Allahabad in 1993.
• Passed the Senior General Knowledge & Intelligence Test organized by Central Institute of General Knowledge and National Mathematics Olympiad Contest B-level in 1991
• Passed the National Mathematics Olympiad Contest B – level in 1991.
• Certificate of Merit (Grade A) for Computing II and Computing III
• Won the Best Competitor Shield in 1988 for winning the entire quiz’s’ held in the same year.
• Garg P, Chakarvarti A, Natarajan S. Endoscopic VR Surgery. In Abhishek Kothari (Ed), Principles & Practice of Vitreo Retinal Surgery. Jaypee February 2014.
• Chakarvarti A, Garg P, Natarajan S. Pre-Macular Haemorrhage. In Abhishek Kothari (Ed), Principles & Practice of Vitreo Retinal Surgery. Jaypee February 2014.
• Garg P, Chakarvarti A, Natarajan S. Complications in MIVS. In Shalabh Sinha (Ed), Minimally Invasive Vitreous Surgery (pp 173-180). Jaypee February 2013.
• Natarajan S, Garg P. Traumatic Vitreous Haemorrhage. In Highlights of Vitreoretina (Spanish). Jaypee Highl;ights March 2011
• Garg P, Malik A, Gupta S. K. Pseudophakic Cystoid Macular Edema. August 2012. EJO
• Garg P, Agarwal S, Singh AP, Chakravarti A, Natarajan S, Leanne T. Labriola, Amani A. Fawzi, and Richard H. Roe. Diagnostic & Therapeutic Challenge. Retina 2012 32(4): 856-860. (ISSN-0275-004X)
• Garg P, Chakravarti A, Natarajan S. Diabetic Maculopathy. December 2011 EJO
• Garg P, Chakravarti A, Natarajan S. Central Serous Chorioretinopathy. June 2011 EJO
• Garg P, Chakravarti A, Natarajan S. Macular Hole. DOS Times 2011 16(9), 35-43. (ISSN-0972-0723).
• Garg P, Agarwal S, Chakravarti A, Natarajan S. Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy. DOS Times 2010 16(6), 22-25. (ISSN-0972-0723)
• Garg P, Singh AP, Agarwal S, Natarajan S. Novel method used for assessing the size of neovascularization. Retina 2010 30(9), 1556. (ISSN-0275-004X)
• Garg P, Hussain SA, Gupta SK, Garg SK, Bhatia G, Natarajan S. Central Serous Chorioretinopathy. DOS Times 2009 15(4), 25-33. (ISSN-0972-0723).
• Garg P, Mithal S, Gupta A. To compare the new Surgical Technique of Minitrabeculectomy Surgery with conventional Trabeculectomy in Glaucoma Patients. Uttaranchal Journal of Ophthalmology 2007, 3(1&2), 21-25. (ISSN-0973-3191)
• Garg P, Mithal S, Gupta A, Sharma S. Clinical Evaluation of different treatment modalities in management of central serous chorioretinopathy. U.P. Journal of Ophthalmology 2006, XXV (1), 19-24.
• Garg P, Mithal S, Gupta A. Keratometric astigmatism after small incision cataract surgery: Phacoemulsification versus Manual small incision cataract surgery. Uttaranchal Journal of Ophthalmology 2005 1(2), 63-68. (ISSN-0973-3191)
• Garg P, Mithal S, Gupta A. Large optic IOLs after Phacoemulsification in base camp approach. U.P. Journal of Ophthalmology 2005 XXXIV (2), 10-13.
• Garg P, Mithal S, Gupta A, Mithal C. Wound modulation in failed Dacrocystorhinostomy (DCR) surgery. Uttaranchal Journal of Ophthalmology 2005 1(1), 11-13. (ISSN-0973-3191)
• Gupta SK, Garg P, Garg SK. To study the Socio-demography of corneal blindness in rural & urban population of a district in Uttar Pradesh, India. Journal of Advance Researches in Biological Sciences. July 2011 3(1), 86-89. (ISSN-6975-3923)
• Natarajan S, Garg P. Traumatic Vitreous Haemorrhage. Highlights of Vitreoretina (Spanish). March 2011.
• Gupta SK, Garg P, Garg SK, Dhiman D. To compare the outcome of trabeculectomy surgery for open angle glaucoma: with & with out Intracameral Lignocaine. Journal of Advance Researches in Biological Sciences. December 2010 2(2), 74-76. (ISSN-6975-3923)
• Natarajan S, Agarwal S, Garg P, Chakravarti A. Heavy Silicone Oils in Vitreoretinal Surgery. Journal of TNOA. September 2010 48(3). (ISSN-0971-6491)
• Gupta SK, Garg P, Garg SK. Prevalence of various causes of abnormal vision in school going children in western Uttar Pradesh. Journal of Advance Researches in Biological Sciences. December 2009 l (2), 203-206. (ISSN-6975-3923)
Paper/ Poster: International
• “Ranibizumab Vs Ranibizumab with Low Fluence PDT” 2011, VRSI & APVRS annual Conference, Hyderabad, AP, India.
• “Comparison of Intra-Vitreal Triamcinolone (IVT) to Intra-Vitreal Bevacizumab(IV B) injection in diabetic macular edema as diagnosed by OCT” – Annual Conference of APAO-AIOS 2013, Hyderabad, AP, India.
• “Comparision of visual outcome in patients who underwent ipsilateral rotational autokeratoplasty and penetrating keratoplasty”. Annual Conference of APAO-AIOS 2013, Hyderabad, AP, India.
• Study of correlation between optic disc morphometric parameters by OCT and visual field changes by humphery in patients with POAG. Annual Conference of APAO-AIOS 2013, Hyderabad, AP, India.
Paper/ Poster: National
• “Large optic IOLs after Phacoemulsification in base camp approach” 2002, UPSOS Annual Conference, Jhansi, UP, India.
• “Wound modulation in failed DCR” 2002, UPSOS Annual Conference, Jhansi, UP, India.
• “Compare the outcome in combined surgery (Phaco-trab) using Mitomycin-C (MMC) & 5-Flurouracil (5-FU)” 2003, UPSOS Annual Conference, Meerut, UP, India.
• “Iatrogenesis & Its Management” – Instruction Course. Annual Conference of AIOS 2011, Ahmedabad, Gujrat, India.
• “Seafan neovascularization” – A case report. Annual Conference of VRSI 2010, Mysore, Karnataka, India.
• “Role of STAR Calculator on ocular hypertensives” 2009, AIOS Annual Conference, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
• “Therapeutic penetrating Keratoplasty: in difficult clinical situations” 2009, AIOS Annual Conference, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
• “A new approach – endocanalicular laser DCR in failed conventional DCR cases” 2009, AIOS Annual Conference, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
• Poster “An old case of chemical burn – a challenging situation for an oculoplastic surgeon for cosmesis (a case report)” 2009, AIOS Annual Conference, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
• “Indication and Outcome of Corneal regrafting” 2007, UPSOS Annual Conference, Bareilly, UP, India.
• “Comparison of Surgical induced astigmatism in 12 Vs 16 suture techniques in Penetrating Keratoplasty” 2007, UPSOS Annual Conference, Bareilly, UP, India.
• “The functional outcome after intravitreal triamcinolone injection in macular edema associated with BRVO” 2007, UPSOS Annual Conference, Bareilly, UP, India.
• “The clinical spectrum of Endophthalmitis: Incidence, Predisposing factors & Features influencing outcome” 2004, UPSOS Annual Conference, Agra, UP, India.
• “Role of Therapeutic Penetrating Keratoplasty in preserving the structural integrity of globe & in control of Corneal disease” 2004, UPSOS Annual Conference, Agra, UP, India.
• “Role of Double Frequency Nd:YAG Laser (532 nm) photocoagulation in Central Serous Chorioretinopathy” 2004, UPSOS Annual Conference, Agra, UP, India.
• “Calculation of IOL power in high Myopes & Hypermetropes by different IOL formulae” 2003, UPSOS Annual Conference, Meerut, UP, India.
• “Effect of Trabeculectomy on Contrast Sensitivity” 2003, UPSOS Annual Conference, Meerut, UP, India.
• “Role of day care cataract surgery in Community Ophthalmology” 2003, UPSOS Annual Conference, Meerut, UP, India.
Oration/ Guest Lecture/ Live Surgery
• Invited Faculty at National CME Ophthalmology Today & Beyond held on Sep 2, 2012 at Ghaziabad. Panelist on “Macular disorders – Clear Your Doubts”.
• Invited Speaker at IMA State level Refresher Course held on Sep 23, 2012 at Meerut. Delivered a lecture on “Ophthalmology for General Physicians”.
• Invited Speaker at Muzaffarnagar Ophthalmic Society meeting held on Oct 4, 2012 at Muzaffarnagar. Delivered a lecture on “Retina for General Ophthalmologists”.
• Invited Faculty at 47 th Annual Conference of UPSOS held on Nov 17 th & 18 th , 2012 at Aligarh. Delivered a lecture on “Retinal Vascular disorders – Current Management”.
• Performed Live Retina Surgery at CME “DRISHTICON” on a case of Dropped IOL at Drishti Eye Foundation held on 17 th Feb, 2013 at Meerut.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: CLINICAL RESEARCH
• Investigator – Phaco Vs Manual SICS Study: Small Incision Cataract Surgery: Phacoemulsification or Manual – A Comparative Study accepted as thesis dissertation for M.S. examination.
As Retina Fellow
• Investigator – Ranibizumab Vs Ranibizumab with low fluence photodynamic therapy with intravitreal dexamethasone in age related macular degeneration.
• Prospective randomized clinical trial comparing Ranibizumab Vs Ranibizumab with low fluence photodynamic therapy in age related macular degeneration.
• Co-Investigator – View 2 Trial: Investigated a randomized, international, multi-centric, double masked Lucentis controlled clinical trial to assess the efficacy and safety of VEGF Trap-Eye in Wet AMD in escalating doses
• Co-Investigator – Scyfix Study: Investigated a prospective, pilot case series to assess the efficacy and safety of micro-current stimulation in Dry AMD patients
As Lecturer/ Assistant Professor
• Journal of Clinical Ophthalmology and Research – Retina Section.
• Functional & Visual outcome after therapeutic PK in Fungal Keratitis – 2012-2013.
• Visual rehabilitation in patients of ARMD with help of low vision aids – 2012-2013.
• Comparison & Co-relation of various modalities including stereo photographs of ONH, RNFL thickness & ONH topography by SD-OCT, Visual Fields & IOP for diagnosis & follow up evaluation of open angle glaucoma before & after medical or surgical intervention – 2011-2012.
• Comparison of visual rehabilitation requirements & outcome in different subset of low vision patients – 2011-2012.
• Ipsilateral Rotational Auto-keratoplasty (IRA), various advantages, disadvantages & its comparison with PK – 2011-2012.
• Indications, Risk Factors, Complications & Outcome of optical partial thickness lamellar keratoplasty – 2008-2009.
• Field Survey of Diabetic Retinopathy – 2008-2009.
• To analyze the effect of central corneal thickness on intraocular pressure in normal population, primary open angle glaucoma, normal tension glaucoma & ocular hypertensive patients – 2007-08.
• Analysis of indications, various risk factors for graft survival and visual outcome in cases of repeat keratoplasty - 2007-08.
• A Critical Analysis of Indications, Risk factors and outcome in cases of Penetrating Lamellar Keratoplasty – 2006-07.
• A Clinical Study of Various Causes of Subnormal Vision in School Going Children -2006-2007.
• A Comparative Study between Transcanalicular Laser Dacryocystorhinostomy & External Dacryocystorhinostomy – 2006-2007.
• I took regular lectures of M.B.B.S. students and post graduate seminars, case presentations and journal clubs. I am co-guide in various thesis projects.
• I routinely presented Journal Articles as well as cases every week. I was also an active participant in grand rounds every week.
• I took regular lectures of M.B.B.S. students and post graduate seminars, case presentations and journal clubs. I was co-guide in various thesis projects.
• I was actively involved taking undergraduate lectures & demonstrations as well as evening post graduate clinics.
Junior Residency (Post-Graduate Training)
• I was involved in the teaching of interns & undergraduates. It included organizing group discussions & seminars as well as bedside teaching. I also took part in informal teaching sessions for trainee nurses.
• ICO (UK) - November 2011
• Ahmed Glaucoma Valve - November 2007
• Science & Art of Medical Writing - May 2007
• Indirect Ophthalmoscopy & Slit Lamp Biomicroscopy - August 2006
• Cornea & Refractive Surgery - September 2005
• Glaucoma - September 2005
• Trends in Oculoplastic & Aesthetic Eyelid Surgery - February 2005
• Cornea & Refractive Surgery - September 2004
• Phacoemulsification - November 2001
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: CLINICAL & SURGICAL
• Fellow National Board: 04/2009 – 04/2011 - Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital, Mumbai.
• FVRS 04/2009 – 10/2010 - Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital, Mumbai.
• FAICO (Vitreo-Retina) 12/2009 – 12/2010 - Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital, Mumbai.
• Lecturer/ Assistant Professor: 08/2006 – 04/2014 - LLRM Medical College, Meerut.
• Senior Residency (Registrar): 08/2004 – 08/2006 - LLRM Medical College, Meerut.
• Residency (MS, Ophthalmology): 06/2001 – 06/2004 - LLRM Medical College, Meerut.
• Rotating non-residential Internship: 10/1999 – 12/1999 - SVBP Hospital, LLRM Medical College, Meerut.
• Rotating non-residential Internship: 12/1999 – 10/2000 - District Hospital, Muzaffarnagar.
• MD (MBBS): 05/1995 – 10/1999 - LLRM Medical College, Meerut.
Retina: Clinical & Surgical
covering the entire spectrum of retinal disorders inclusive of
• diabetic and retinal vascular disorders,
• macula and AMD,
• retinal dystrophies and degenerations,
• retinal detachments,
• posterior segment trauma,
• posterior uveitis and HIV,
• ROP and
• pediatric retinal disorders
Over 10000 intravitreal injections of Triamcinolone, anti VEGF agents (Macugen, Avastin, Lucentis, Eyelea & Pagenex) and antibiotics.
Over 5000 surgical procedures performed independently inclusive of:
• Pneumoretinopexy, Scleral buckling with and without drainage
• Core vitrectomy for endophthalmitis
• Vitrectomy for vitreous hemorrhage with and without endolaser
• Vitrectomy for RD surgeries with gas, silicon oil, perfluorocarbons
• Vitrectomy for nucleus, lens and IOL dislocation with/ without fragmentome with/ without scleral fixated IOL
• Vitrectomy with membrane peeling and endolaser PRP for diabetics and vein occlusions
• 23, 25 gauge vitrectomies
Independent handling and interpretation of diagnostic equipment:
• Fundus photography, Ultrasound B Scan and Ultrasound Biomicroscopy
• FFA and ICG (digital fundus camera system)
• OCT III, Spectral Domain OCT
• ERG, mf ERG
Over 8000 laser procedures independently with both slit lamp and Indirect Ophthalmoscope green and diode laser covering all types of laser procedures:
• Focal and grid, Pan Retinal and sector photocoagulation
• Barrage photocoagulation
• Photodynamic therapy for wet AMD
General Ophthalmology: Clinical & Surgical
• Performed over 10000 complicated and non complicated Phacoemulsification Surgeries
• Performed over 3000 complicated and non complicated Small Incision Cataract Surgeries
• Assisted and managed over 300 complications of Small Incision Cataract Surgeries of junior residents
• Assisted and managed over 2000 complications of Phacoemulsification Surgeries of junior residents
Cornea, Glaucoma, Squint
• Performed over 100 Keratoplasty surgeries, therapeutic and optical
• Performed over 50 amniotic membrane graftings, pterygium surgeries with limbal autograft, corneal stem cell auto and allografting
• Performed over 200 Glaucoma surgeries inclusive of paediatric glaucoma & laser procedures.
• Performed over 100 squint surgeries on horizontal muscles.
• Independently performed lacrimal surgeries, entropion and ectropion surgeries, & ptosis surgeries.
• Independently performed enucleations & eviscerations.
• Officer Incharge Hospital Kitchen.
• Officer Incharge CLG Store.
• Officer Incharge SIFPSA Hall
• Astt. officer in charge Guest House.
• Astt. officer in charge Gardening.
• Astt. officer in charge Watch & Ward.
• Astt. officer in charge House Allotment.
• Astt. officer in charge 3rd Floor SVBP hospital, Meerut.
• Executive member sports society.
• Astt. Nodal officer in Backlog recruitment of steno & clerk 2007.
• Astt. Nodal officer in General recruitment of class 4 for the Govt. Hospital & Medical College 2008.
• Organized state level conference in Residency (MS, Ophthalmology) in 2003.
• Boys’ Representative during the session 1995-96 Anatomy Society.
• President Literary committee in Senior Secondary in 1994.
• Was Volunteer Delegate in Professional H. S. Mittal Memorial Foundation CME programme during MBBS in 1997.
CONFERENCES, & CMEs ATTENDED
• National conferences (9)
• Zonal conference (1)
• State Conferences (17)
• CME (5)
• Life member of American Society of Retina Specialists. (Mem. No. – 708850).
• Life member of All India Ophthalmological Society (Mem. No. – G-08758).
• Life member of Delhi Ophthalmological Society (Mem. No. – G-1505).
• Life member of U.P. State Ophthalmological Society (Mem. No. – G-72).
• Life member of Uttarakhand State Ophthalmological Society (Mem. No – OM/73).
• Life member of Intraocular Implant & Refractive Society of India (Mem No. - LM-780).
• Life member of Ocular Trauma Society of India (Mem. No. – 168/2011).
• Life member of Vitreo-retina Society of India (Mem. No. – G476).
• Life member of Oculoplasty Association of India.
• Life member of Glaucoma Society of India.
• Life member of Meerut Ophthalmological Society.
• Organizing various eye camps & school surveys & actively involved in direct patient care.
• Dr. Nazimul Hussain, Dept. of Retina, Al Zahra Eye Hospital, UAE, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Dr. S. Natarajan, Chairman & Managing Director, Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital, Mumbai, email@example.com.
• Dr. Saumil S Sheth, Fellow, Surgical Retina, Sydney Eye Hospital, Sydney, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dr. R. P. Singh, Consultant, Visitech Eye Centre, New Delhi,
• Dr. Vinay Garodia, Consultant, Visitech Eye Centre, New Delhi,
• Dr. G. Kumarmanicavel Director of Research, Narayana Nethralaya, Health City, Bangalore, India, email@example.com
Explainary videos of Dr. Priyank Garg